Search This Blog

Stay Connected

Like Me Follow Me Goodreads

Followers

Grab My Button

Reading Challenges

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Megan has read 0 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Currently Reading

  •  photo phpBalQtHPM_zpsf9717f98.jpg

Rating System

IT WAS AMAZING!!!! You should be at the book store right now buying it! :)
I really liked it. You should def check it out and give it a shot
It was ok. At least read the synopsis on the back.
Eh....It was alright. It's borrow from a friend material.
Leave it on the shelf!!

My Blog Designer

My Favorite Blogs

Jennifer Laurens”= Me, My Shelf and I winter haven books
Thursday, January 3, 2013

This, That, or Thought Thursdays



This, That or Thought Thursdays is a weekly meme hosted by Wholly Books! Feel free to join in the fun every thursday by adding this to your page and as always, feel free to comment your thoughts on my post! 

This Week’s Question: Negative Reviews: To post or not to post? That is the question!

My Answer: I am new to blogging and have yet to post my first actual review. It is coming though, I promise. However, I have started following and keep up with tons of blogs that have reviews posted pretty much every day. I have read some positive and some negative. At first I thought why would anyone want to post a negative review about what someone else wrote? They spent time gathering their thoughts onto paper to eventually become a published book. But the more I am starting to blog the more I realize that not everything can be perfect. You will have some people who love your blog and some people who do not like your blog at all. The same goes for books. Some people will love a book and some others may hate the book completely. So for my feelings on negative reviews. I think they are okay to post as long as you do not get to out of hand with negativity. Everyone will form their own opinion, but you should not base reading a book off of someone's review. Read it because it seems interesting to you, having good reviews will be a bonus. 

What are your thoughts on negative reviews? 

2 comments:

  1. I'm terrible with posting up reviews. However, I've never posted a bad one on my blog (I'll save that for Goodreads and Amazon and that's probably it). Otherwise, when I want to write reviews it's because I want to promote books I like.

    Thank you for stopping by my blog. I'm a new follower here! Oh and by the way your blog is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks! Yeah I don't know if I could ever actually post a bad review! I've read books I didn't like, but none that I disliked enough for a bad review!

    ReplyDelete

Wedding Countdown Ticker