Search This Blog

Stay Connected

Like Me Follow Me Goodreads

Followers

Grab My Button

Reading Challenges

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Megan has read 0 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Currently Reading

  •  photo phpBalQtHPM_zpsf9717f98.jpg

Rating System

IT WAS AMAZING!!!! You should be at the book store right now buying it! :)
I really liked it. You should def check it out and give it a shot
It was ok. At least read the synopsis on the back.
Eh....It was alright. It's borrow from a friend material.
Leave it on the shelf!!

My Blog Designer

My Favorite Blogs

Jennifer Laurens”= Me, My Shelf and I winter haven books
Monday, April 15, 2013

Review: Forever



Title: Forever
Author: Judy Blume
Release Date: April 24, 2007
Pages: 192
Rating: 4 owls





Goodreads Description:

Katherine and Michael meet at a New Year's Eve party. They're attracted to each other, they grow to love each other. And once they've decided their love is forever, they make love.

It's the beginning of an intense and exclusive relationship, with a future all planned. Until Katherine's parents insist that she and Michael put their love to the test with a summer apart...

"Forever" is written for an older age group than Judy Blume's other novels for children. It caused a storm of controversy when it was first published because of its explicit sexual content.

It was a book ahead of its time - and remains, after thirty years in print, a teenage best-seller. America's No. 1 children's author has written some of the best books of our time about real-life issues - family stress and pressures, what happens when your parents divorce, the problems of growing up and sexual awakening, bereavement - with insight, sensitivity and honesty.

My Thoughts:

Who did not love Judy Blume growing up? I sure did. When I saw this store in the bookstore I was so curious how I did not know that Judy Blume had a YA book out. I knew it was something I had to read.

Wow at the story line. I started this book and finished reading it the same night. I could not put it down. Don't you just love books like that?

If you cannot handle the sexual content I strongly suggest not reading it. It was not what I had expected, but it was a great read to say the least.

The story focuses on two 17 year olds, Katherine and Michael, who meet at a New Year's Eve party at her friend Sybil's house. They start dating and fall in love. Katherine is scared of what comes with loosing her virginity and when the right time will be. Michael is very persistent and constantly reassures her that he loves her and that's what people who love each other do. When the couple is separated at the start of the summer, because of their jobs...their love is really put to the test.

Judy Blume writes about the fears, emotions, and everything in between that comes with your first love. I was truly blown away by this book. If you have not read it, definitely make time for it. I am sure there are plenty of close-minded people about the book and its maturity level, but it is as close to real life as you can get. It is a very informative view of growing up mixed with sexuality.





0 comments:

Wedding Countdown Ticker